As a Friend you can contribute in several ways.
- Simply by joining, your subscription helps towards the cost of acquiring and storing valuable documents, such as photographs, maps, deeds, brochures and advertisements. It also helps towards the cost of our occasional publications and special events.
- By attending our Friends’ Evenings you will help to remember our village’s history, spread your knowledge and memories to others, and create interest and enthusiasm for the appreciation of our surroundings.
- If you have documents or items that you think may be of historical interest then you can show them to us. You may wish to donate them to our archive for preservation, or allow us to borrow them to make copies. Or you can just bring them along to a Friends’ Evening to show.
- If you would like to directly share your memories or knowledge then contact us and we will arrange for a member of Grayshott Heritage to meet with you. Everyone loves to hear old tales of schooldays, village shops, daring expeditions and wartime adventures, and we can help you work out how to best preserve and share your experiences. Currently we would especially like to hear from people with memories of farming in Grayshott, or the Second World War – life on Grayshott’s Home Front as well as military subjects.
- Several of our members conduct personal research projects. If you attend a Friends’ Evening or look at our Feature Articles page you will see the sort of things that our members delve into. If you have a project that you would like to make available to a wider audience then please get in touch and together we can think about what the next stage might be. Perhaps a Feature Article for this web site, a talk at a Friends’ Evening or even a publication? Our members have done all of these things and we can help you to get the most out of your work. We currently have people actively involved in researching subjects as varied as the history of Grayshott’s shops and businesses, the occupants of St Luke’s graveyard, Grayshott at war and the original medieval hamlet.
We look forward to welcoming you to Grayshott Heritage.